Judo – it is translated the gentle way. It is a Japanese martial art with its origin Jiu-Jitsu
The founder of Judo, Jigoro Kano modified or eliminated the most dangerous of the Jiu-Jitsu techniques and created a new discipline, which later evolved into a combat and Olympic sport.
Its most prominent feature is its competitive element, where the objective is to either throw or takedown an opponent with a hold-down or force an opponent to submit with a joint lock or a choke. Maximum efficiency with minimum effort.
In short, resisting a more powerful opponent will result in your defeat, while adjusting to and avoiding your opponent’s attack will cause him to lose his balance his power will be reduced and you will defeat him. A principle that makes it possible for weaker opponents to beat significantly stronger ones.
This principle can be applied to all aspects of one’s life and activities and help you to be clearly focused and effective in all areas of your life. Judo has a positive impact on children’s lives and helps them strengthen their physical, mental as well as emotional health.
- Good workout for building healthy muscles and bones. It’s a complex sport that improves all metrical skills: speed, power, strength, stamina, balance, coordination, flexibility. That’s why we will teach them elements from gymnastics, athletics and a wide range of exercises to improve their fitness level and create a powerful foundation for a healthy and active lifestyle for years to come.
- The ability to think fast and take bests decisions. Judo can be compared with a game of chess where you have to realize your opponent’s threats, to feel his weaknesses and attack at the right moment in order to succeed. In Judo we have around 200 techniques which give an opportunity for each child to select his/her own according to their body type, it doesn’t matter if they have a physical disadvantage.
- -Improve focus and concentration In order to learn a technique they will improve their focus and concentration.
- Discipline and self-confidence. Belt ranking system will help children track their progress and motivate them to strive higher. As they become skilful they’ll understand the importance of discipline and in the same time their confidence will increase significantly.
- Self-defense. Judo is a martial art so it can be used in a self-defence situation. If the child will be put in a dangerous situation he will have the reflexes and the knowledge of how to escape without being hurt
- Social abilities. JUDO will develop your child’s social abilities and teach them to respect each other as we are a team and our purpose is mutual welfare.
I am Cezar and I was part of the Romanian judo national team for 5 years. In this time I represented successfully my country at high-level international competitions In 2004 I won the title of European and Balkan champion. My judo style is based on technique as I followed Mister Hiroshi Katanishi’s method, which is considered one of the best judo coach in the work regarding the technical aspect.
Contact Cezar: firstname.lastname@example.org